Our reading and writing programme is built around the Letters and Sounds programme and supports all children at a reading level as well as those at a pre reading and pre writing level.
The scheme give us:
- A complete literacy programme which is systematic and structured, progressing at the child’s pace in a fun and lively way.
- Sounds, letters, words and sentences
- Creativity and imagination
- Hand-eye co-ordination and fine motor
- Listening and responding
- Memory and recall
- Whole class teaching
- Small group work
- One-to-one intervention.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our the Reading lead - Irene Wright.
To help your child at home:
Read favourite stories over and over again
- Read some stories at a higher level than they can read themselves.
- Listen to them reading their take home Phonics storybooks.
- Ask questions about the stories.
- Act out the stories, pretending to be characters from the stories.