At Beckfoot Phoenix School, we want to work in partnership with you to help your child make more progress.
To keep you up to date with everything going on in school, and with how your child is doing, we use the class DOJO app- please talk to our office staff for more information.
Your child may be given work to do at home. This is important for your child's progress as it helps them to practise skills in different places. Please support your child in school by sending this back into school as soon as possible.
We run a Stay and Play club through the holidays for 2 days of each holiday week (excluding Christmas) - see Jason for more info.
We want to work closely with you to help your child to learn and progress.
Pupils (where appropriate), parents/families and staff are asked to sign a ‘home-school agreement’ to show that everyone agrees to work together to support your child at school.
As a parent/carer, we ask that you aim to:
- make sure that your child comes to school regularly, on time, and is appropriately dressed and fed;
- inform school if your child is ill or absent for any reason;
- let the school know about any concerns or problems;
- attend clinics, parent’s evenings, reviews and meetings about your child;
- keep the school informed about personal information;
- get to know about your child’s life at school;
- value and support the work of the school and the successes of your child;
- work with your child to complete work at home as requested by school.
The staff at the Beckfoot Phoenix will aim to :
- ensure your child’s safety and happiness;
- ensure that your child achieves their full potential;
- meet your child’s needs through the curriculum we provide and help them to develop the skills needed for ‘life’;
- keep you informed about general school matters and about your child’s progress and achievements;
- be open and welcoming;
- offer opportunities for you to meet with other parents and to become involved in school life.
If you need to talk to us:
We have an ‘open door’ policy and encourage you to contact school if you have any concerns. We also like you to let us know when we are doing well!
As you can imagine – school days can be very busy and so appointments are always advisable to ensure that staff are available to meet with you. Alternatively, if you contact us by phone or email, we will get back to you.
For who to contact:
- Rachel Stirland - head teacher
- Sarah LLoyd - Deputy head - SENCO, Safeguarding lead
- Gemma Wilson - Assistant head/attendance
- Becky/Gemma - Orange Base
- Jenny/Kelly - Purple Base
- Vikki - Red Base
- Anny/Jess - Blue Base
- Irene/Elliot - Green Base
- Sarah/Naima/Sian - Yellow Base
- Jason Patefield - Parent link/Stay and Play
- Tracy Young - Care team lead
- Jeni Martin - Behaviour lead
- Helen Denton/Saqib Iqbal - Cubs