PE and Sport Premium
Primary PE and Sport Premium - What is it?
The Primary PE and Sport Premium is additional funding given to Primary schools in England.
What is the Department of Education’s vision for this funding?
All pupils leave primary school being physically literate, with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport
How should the funding be used in schools?
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Aims of the funding:
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PESSPA (Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity) being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
Who has responsibility for Primary PE and Sport Premium funding at Beckfoot Phoenix School?
Rachel Stirland (Head teacher)
How is Beckfoot Trust informed about the impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium funding?
- Reported at Local School Committee meetings.
- Reported to Beckfoot Trust