Ethos & Values
An inclusive curriculum
- To have an individualised, multisensory, inclusive curriculum
- Uncluttered worksheets.
- Specialised equipment. E.g. Brailler, Zychem machine, touch screen smartboard, Ipads on slops and canes.
- A flexible teaching approach to compensate for a lack of incidental learning.
- Extra time to complete classroom tasks.
- To encourage pupils to gain first hand experiences. Handling real objects.
- Structured opportunities to develop listening skills.
- A differentiated curriculum, specific to our visual impaired pupils, in order to remove barriers to learn, encourage and promote participation.
- Appropriate teaching materials are used for each individual visual impaired pupil.